Students with documented disabilities and chronic illnesses may request priority registration (or “pre-registration”) as an academic accommodation by filling out our Priority Registration Request Form. All requests will be reviewed within five business days, and a staff member from the Student Success Center (SSC) will respond with a decision or a request for additional information, if necessary.
Please keep the following in mind if/when you decide to request priority registration:
- To be eligible for the fall semester, you must submit your request no later than October 1st.
- To be eligible for the spring semester, you must submit your request no later than March 1st.
- Requests submitted after these deadlines will only be considered for the following semester.
- Your request for pre-registration must be warranted by a need that relates to your specific disability or illness. Disability-related needs may include:
Some students with mobility disabilities may need to stagger their schedules to account for travel time between classes. Priority registration helps to ensure that start times are spaced out accordingly.
Other students might be taking medications that result in more acute side effects at certain times of day; priority registration helps these students schedule their classes around those times.
- These are just a few reasons why a student might request priority registration; many other valid reasons are possible.
- You may only request priority registration if you are already registered with the Student Success Center.
If you have not yet registered with the SSC, the first step is to complete our Application for Academic Accommodations. Your request for priority registration will be reviewed alongside your application and disability documentation.
If you have any questions about priority registration, or if you need help completing any of the related forms, please contact Jonathan Gomes or Molly McKeon. Jonathan and/or Molly will be happy to assist you with the process. We look forward to receiving your request.Priority Registration Request Form