Guidelines for Testing Accommodations
In the event that a professor is not able to accommodate a student’s request for testing with extended time, the Office of Academic Services (O.A.S.) has a quiet space available. To utilize this service, the student and the professor should follow the guidelines below.
- The student must schedule the exam at least two school days prior to the exam date. To schedule a testing time, students may use our online form, call 401.865.2494, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by Library 250. Students may not be allowed to take exams in the O.A.S. if they do not provide adequate notification.
- The student must have the professor submit the online form or sign a paper form and return it to the O.A.S. All testing accommodations in the O.A.S. must be approved by the professor.
- Any student who needs a computer for testing purposes must notify the O.A.S. prior to each exam.
- The student is responsible for reminding the instructor to deliver the exam prior to the scheduled testing period.
- If a student is unable to take the exam at the scheduled time, he or she should contact the professor directly. The student should also notify the O.A.S. about any changes in the exam time. If the student fails to show up at the designated time, the test will be returned to the professor.
- If a student arrives late the day of the exam, he/she will not be given additional time at the end of the testing period.
- Any instances of suspected cheating will be reported directly to the professor. In the event that cheating behaviors are observed, the exam will be stopped and collected at once. Cheating may result in the suspension of your privilege to take exams in the O.A.S.
- Professors are asked to drop off the test the day before it is to be administered.
- If the professor sends the test with the student, it must be placed in a signed/sealed envelope.
- The professor must inform the O.A.S. as to how and where the test should be returned.