Peer Tutor Application
Qualifications for being a tutor:
- Be a member of the class of 2019, 2020 or 2021 and in good disciplinary and academic standing
- Be organized, with good personal time management and have an ability to be flexible, with a good sense of humor
- Be self-confident and competent (B+ or above) in the courses you wish to tutor
- Be creative, patient, and generous and have a desire to help others succeed
- Be aware of and have a solid understanding of college-level academic skills, our academic integrity policy, and the PC academic resources available for success
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Attending the mandatory, 2-day training before classes begin in August.
- Attending at least two of several additional tutor-enrichment sessions offered in the Fall semester in order to return as a tutor in the Spring semester.
- Being available for 8 one-hour appointments each week
- Being able to actively involve each student in the learning process
- Faithfully recording accurate visit information on Tutortrac immediately after each session
- Maintaining your work hours log on both Tutortrac and in your Cyber Friar after each visit
- Sharing your own successful study and learning skills
- Assisting in any administrative tasks related to the Tutoring Center
- Maintaining appropriate professionalism as a liaison of our office and the College
*While applications will continue to be accepted, the available interview appointments for hiring for Fall 2017 have been reached.
Your submitted application will be acknowledged. If there is a need for additional tutors you will be contacted to come for an interview. Contact Sister Carolyn Sullivan at (401) 865-1010 for further information.