Student-Athlete Study Hall
Providence College wants you to succeed in the classroom and in your sport. The Office of Academic Services offers the unique opportunity for student-athletes to study in an environment with many resources. As a PC student-athlete, you can ensure that you maintain the privilege of using the Study Hall by observing the following guidelines:
Be purposeful when you come to the Study Hall.
Come with all necessary study materials, including books, notes, calculators, pens/pencils, etc.
The computers in the designated study areas are to be used for academic purposes. Please do not visit social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Help us maintain a quiet atmosphere.
Study Hall is an academic environment, not a social club. Please keep your social and athletic conversations to a minimum when you are here to study.
- If you need to study in a group or talk through an assignment with a tutor, please ask the study hall monitor to assist you in finding a private space.
- Listening to music is only appropriate with the use of earphones; your music should not be so loud that it can be heard by others.
- The use of cell phones in the Study Hall is not allowed. Please silence cell phones. Calls must always be answered outside of the O.A.S.
Respect the Office of Academic Services and everyone working here.
- Use respectful language and a respectful tone when in the Study Hall; profanity will not be tolerated.
- Please dispose of your cups and water bottles before leaving Study Hall.
- Please remember to log off the computers before you leave.
- If you ever feel that you have concerns about Study Hall, you are encouraged to see the Associate Director for Student Athlete Services.